Welcome to the Roasted Onion!

Welcome to the Roasted Onion! I hope you enjoy browsing the delicious topics below. Please feel free to leave your comments and feedback. Anyone can post a comment, you do not need a blogger account. Just click on "Comments" at the end of each post and type away!



02 October 2010

Review – Tai’s Asian Bistro

 

logo

 

So, I guess I haven’t posted in a while, but I have a couple restaurant reviews for you for the Columbus, OH area.  Last night, I was looking for something affordable and close to my apartment.  Lo and behold, right around the corner was Tai’s Asian Bistro on Lane Ave.  I had an inkling for Asian food, so why not?  The menu online offered some nice choices and the prices seemed ok.

The place was set up like a take out Asian grill with some tables and chairs.  You just walk up to the counter, place your order, and they will deliver your food to your at your table.  So, I ordered the Cucumber Salad with Beef and my girlfriend ordered the Honey Shrimp with steamed rice.  The food came out within 10-15 minutes on two HUGE plates.  I must say the portions here are very generous and satisfying.

The Cucumber Salad was a large bowl of mixed greens topped with shredded cucumbers and 6 skewers of Asian marinated beef.  The dressing was light sweet and sour dressing that was very refreshing.  The beef seemed marinated in soy sauce, spices, then grilled.  The Honey Shrimp came with a bed of crunchy rice noodles and a side of steamed white rice.  The shrimp was very deliciously sweet, sticky, and with a little tang!  Mixed in with the rice and noodles, every mouth-full was an explosion of Asian flavors!

I would highly recommend this bistro for a quick, delicious Asian inspired meal.  The food seems very well cooked and presented.  It was much better than any of those greasy Chinese buffets. 

Rating: 4 out of 5 Onions

No comments:

Post a Comment